“Sun gazing has great benefits, not only for your physical health but also for your mental well-being and spiritual development. I have sun gazing include benefits can include: Relief of stress and tension and increased energy.”
Lately, I have been considering going on a meditation retreat. I found a few in Sedona that I liked, and one mentioned sun gazing. I had sort of heard about sun gazing while getting lost on the internet, but never really looked into it. My astrological sign is Leo. This is a sun sign. During the summer months, I always loved the general vibe I feel being out in the sun. Thinking back, I knew that this was important, but I wanted to know more about how to tap into this energy that powers and feeds everything on Earth. From then on I wanted to learn more about sun gazing, and share some of the benefits that I learned about sun gazing with you.
What is Sun gazing? –
Sun gazing is the practice of staring at the sun for a set amount of time. One is supposed to start with about 10 seconds and can work there way up with a daily practice. The preeminent teacher of sun gazing, Hira Ratan Manek, invented a method referred to as the HRM method. Those who use his method are said to be able to stare at the sun for up to 44 minutes. His method breaks up the practice into 3-month intervals
- 0-3 months (Mental treatment)
On the first day, you can look at the sun during the safe hours (10 mins before sunrise or sunset) for 10 seconds. On the second day 20 seconds (sunrise) and add 10 seconds each day. At the end of 10 days, you have looked at the sun for 100 seconds. Make sure to stand on bare earth with your bare feet. During this stage, it is said one can achieve a better balance in your mind, as well as more confidence.
- 3-6 months (Physical Treatment)
As you continue to add 10 seconds per day to your sun gazing practice, after 3 months, this is when the HRM method claims you will heal yourself from physical ailments. At this point, you should build your practice to 30 minutes of sun gazing. At this point, all of the colors of the sun have reached to your brain through your eyes.
- 6-9 months (Spiritual Treatment)
You can build your practice to 44 mins during this time. HRM recommends this as the maximum time in order to avoid eye damage. At this point, add an element. You can walk on bare earth for up to 45 mins a day for 6 days. Walking on bare feet can help to stimulate different glands in your body, and help you further tap into the sun’s energy.
Benefits of Sungazing
1. Stress relief – helps achieve balance and promotes confidence in those who have practised.
2.Increased energy– Much of our energy is spent on stress, as stress is relieved, you will have increased energy.
3. Reduced hunger cravings- With decreased amounts of energy used towards stress, you will need less food, and will eat less according to those who have practised.
4. Reducing and releasing of mental/physical blockages- According to the HRM method, when you reach 30 mins of sun gazing, you will slowly be free from physical/mental blockages since all the colors of the sun now are reaching your eye. The brain regulates the flow of color prana appropriately to your organs. All the internal organs get a supply of the required color prana. The vital organs are dependent on certain sun color prana. Kidney red, Heart yellow, Liver green etc. Colors reach the organs and address any deficiencies. This is how color therapies work –Reiki and Pranic Healing. There is a lot of information available on color therapy. This is the process of getting liberated from physical ailments over a six-month period.
5. Improved eyesight- Through the practice.
6. Increases the size of the pineal gland- This gland is referred to as the master gland which produces hormones such as melatonin (regulates quality and how long you sleep), and can have a hand in determining your physical performance and levels of stress.
7. More production of serotonin and melatonin- From the stimulation of the pineal gland
8. Stimulation of pineal gland- Through the increased sun ray energy.
If you want to learn more, feel free to learn from HRM himself with this video-
- “The Health Benefits of Sungazing”–
- SolarHealing.com- “Sungazing”
- “Have You Heard of Sungazing? Find Out What it is and How to do it!”– Alanna Ketler. July 10, 2014