“Easy to make sweet potato curry. This recipe holds up well enough to meal prep”
I hope you guys have are having a great day where ever you are in the world. I found this awesome recipe over at thevegan8, and made some quick changes to fit my tastes. This recipe is super easy to make and holds up very well for vegan meal prep!
I have been looking for cheap recipes to make and this one fits the bill. I am saving for some thangs! This recipe fits the bill. I spent $15 on groceries for this one, because I had a lot of spices at home (step your spice game up!)
I packed everything up and took it to work and it just gets better with each day. I hope you try this one, and this is definitely going in the meal prep cook book files.
Sweet Potato Curry
Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut CurryPrint Recipe
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium red onion (2 cups)
- sea salt to taste
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 package baby spinach
- Ground pepper to taste
- - Garnish/Service
- Fresh cilantro leaves
1. In a large saucepan or pot heat coconut oil. Add the cumin seeds and toast for a minute. Stir in onion, with small amount of salt for up to 5 minutes or when the onion is soft and clear.
2. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander, and red pepper flakes. Stir and sauteed until the garlic softens.
3. Add sweet potato, chickpeas, tomatoes, and coconut milk. Stir to combine, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Stir in spinach, little by little until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to your tastes.
5. Serve with rice ( I choose basmati rice)