Hope your day is going great. My partner has a sweet tooth, while I do not, but I wanted to make something sweet for him that we both could eat. I found this recipe from Daily Rebecca.
I am not much of a baker, so I was nervous at first. I used to just use the cookie dough in the packages and then bake those. No fuss! This time, however, I would need to put together the dough and make them as round as possible. It turned out to be much easier than I thought.
The cookies came out nicely, and I put everything in the oven. They were really nice when they came out. Very soft yet they held together quite nicely! My partner loved them.
Here is the recipe below:
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream (aka thoroughly mix) together the coconut oil & brown sugar, then add the almond milk & vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients.
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on an ungreased cookie sheet (or on a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet), then flatten them out a bit with your palm. The dough may be a little tough but it will work I promise!
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.