Vegan Pasta Recipes: Roasted Tomato Pasta
I hope your day is going great wherever you are in the world. Today I wanted to share this roasted tomato pasta recipe that I found from: Cooking Light. I love vegan pasta recipes, at least the ones I have found so far. The recipe was not vegan, but it was rather easy to find some vegan parmesan cheese at the store to “veganize the recipe.” It came out awesome, and I have to say I learned a new way to make pasta. I suck at making pasta, and it’s always so dry, but this recipe solved my problem!
This recipe was so easy. I make it when I am just being lazy but I want something that feels fancy if you know what I mean. So I gathered some tomatoes and garlic and olive oil in the pan to roast for about 12 mins until they were bubbly and soft.
The recipe was great for meal prep too. Since it’s just me, it was easy to pack up the rest of the pasta in containers to eat for a few days.
I picked some basil from the garden to add after making the pasta and tomatoes and then added the cheese. It was so yummy. It’s my Sunday night meal. Grab some good red wine, I normally go with Italian, and everything should be delicious!
Vegan Roasted Tomato Pasta
Simple roasted tomato pasta for busy weeknights
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 8 oz uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes (maybe 4)
- 4 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Boil water in large pot, and add 1 tablespoon of sea salt. Add pasta and cook until finished or al dente. Drain the pasta and reserve 6 tablespoons of cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the pan. Combined the cooking liquid and tablespoons of oil in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. Boil 4 minutes. Add the oil mixture to the pan with pasta, toss to coat.
- While pasta cooks, combine the rest of oil, tomatoes, garlic in pan to combine. Add some sea salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 450 degrees until tomatoes are slightly brown. Add tomato mixture to pasta and toss.
- Top with cheese and basil.
Please like or share/comment!