I have not posted any food recipes in a while, but trust me I am still eating vegan. I had a hankering for some pancakes, and I noticed I had all the ingredients to make some bomb wheat flour pancakes that I am sure the vegan community will approve of. This recipe is adapted from Cookie and Kate! Everything was rather easy to prepare.
I have to say this was the first time I made pancakes with wheat flour. I know we are supposed to use this instead, but I just never liked the taste. I have to say it worked out quite well. I liked the more grainy type of taste. There was also a hint of sweetness with using the vanilla extract.
Easy Vegan Pancakes
- - 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- - 1 tablespoon baking powder
- -1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- -1 cup of soy milk ( can use almond milk)
- -2 tablespoons olive oil
- - 2 tablespoons brown sugar or maple syrup
- -1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- -1 tablespoon vegan butter
- Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl - (flour, baking powder, salt)
- Mix wet ingredients together in small bowl ( milk, oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract) mix together thoroughly.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients.
- Fire up the skillet (use some vegan butter or coconut oil) and add mixture in small circles to create the pancakes.
- Wait to see bubbles to flip to other side.
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #kimblogs