Hope your week is going well. This week I wanted to make some cookies. I normally stay away from cookies, I have had so much dental work this year, that anything sweet makes me think of my empty pockets, but I overcame that urge and decided to make some vegan sugar cookies. For the record, the cookie itself is entirely vegan. It was the frosting that I was not quite sure about. I read the ingredients, or tried to, and didn’t see any red signs. So if you want them to be completely vegan, you should probably skip the frosting.
Vegan Sugar Cookies
Halloween is coming up and I will probably not celebrate this year. I miss celebrating. I used to have house parties and invite friends over and serve food and drinks. Unfortunately, we have to lay low this year as my partner and I transition into living together. Perhaps next year we can do something to celebrate. I am not much of a baker, but I the recipe is good.
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together ( baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour).
2. In a different bowl, combine oil, sugar, water, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract until well mixed.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for an hour.
4. Preheat your over to 375 F. Use parchment paper and create cookies. I used a cookie cutter and a spatula to pick them up.
You can make as many as you want, but I did about 12-14 because they were thicker and will come up chewy (my fav)
5. Bake for up to 10 minutes until cookies are slightly brown.