With my new camera lens, and photography school, I am really trying to step my photography game up lately. Soup is my achilles heel though! I love soup, but it is really hard to take a good picture of soup. This vegan roasted cauliflower soup is super tasty, however, and I wanted to share this easy recipe with you.
Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Soup
I found this recipe over at Avocado pesto. That recipe includes celery which I loathe, so I took it out of the recipe. The soup is creamy and gets better when you need to reheat on the stove. I would recommend to stay away from microwaving your left overs whenever possible. I actually survived without a microwave for many years, before I moved into a place with a built in model.
Vegan Roasted Cauliflower SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 head garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika optional
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- For garnish:
- handful chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.Cut the top off the head of garlic, revealing a small portion of each clove. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and wrap in parchment paper.
3. Toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4.Bake the cauliflower and garlic for 30 minutes.
5. Heat remaining olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook until translucent (a few minutes).
6. Add carrots. Cook for a few minutes. Add paprika and salt.
7. Add vegetable broth, and bring to a boil.
8. Add roasted cauliflower and garlic to the pot (squeeze the garlic paste out of the cloves)
9.Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
10. Remove from heat and puree until smooth with an immersion blender.
11. Add coconut milk and nutritional yeast. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Serve topped with any leftover roasted cauliflower florets and chopped parsley.