I hope your New Year is starting off right. I found this recipe from Two Raspberries for vegan chocolate Muffins. I was sick for the first week of the new year. I am not usually sick, but Atlanta is in this deep cold freeze and I just could not deal. Thankfully, I had taken some time off, but sitting at home being sick was definitely not how I wanted to spend my days. At least I got to watch the new Dave Chappelle special and a ton of bad movies like the Room and Samurai Cop.
Vegan Chocolate Muffins
Baking is still new to me, so finding this recipe for vegan chocolate muffins made me happy. I had actually tried to make this before when I was visiting the Georgia Blue Ridge mountains, but the recipe came out so weird. I learned you cannot bake in high altitudes unless you tweak the recipe. I am still a little under the weather so this will be a quick post. I am still behind on many other blog activities. Hope you enjoy!
Vegan Chocolate MuffinsPrint Recipe
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder (plain dark chocolate)
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk mixed with ½ tsp apple cider vinegar (let sit 5 minutes)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 oz. unsweetened natural apple sauce
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ADD INS:
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
1. Pre heat the oven at 375 F
2. In a large mixing bowl add all your dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl add the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside
4. In a separate smaller bowl add your coconut oil (melt in microwave for a few seconds if it is not already liquid) add the rest of the wet ingredients except the almond milk mixture.
5. Add the almond milk mixture and the other wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl and stir until everything is well combined. Add the vegan chocolate chips and stir them in.
6. Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray (unless it’s a non-stick pan) and spoon the batter evenly into 7 muffins. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when you poke it into the muffin centres.
Let cool at least 15 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.