I hope your day is going well. I feel like I am officially ready to start fall. Normally around this time, I have a craving for sweets, and lately I have had a craving for rice crispy treats while wondering: are there vegan marshmallows? After a quick google search, I found them and drove to WholeFoods to get some and was ready to make some vegan rice crispy treats. I was so ready to make them this weekend. The trick really is just finding vegan butter, and marshmallows. The butter and marshmallows are about 10$ USD after tax, so they aren’t cheap but totally worth if for a once in a while snack.
The first step was finding the marshmallows. I heard that trader joes had them but WholeFoods is closer to my job for now, so I picked them up on the way home. I will have a link below to find them online.
Vegan butter is the key to finding the marshmallows, which is rather easy. I found it at my local Publix if you live in the South.
Vegan Rice Krispie TreatsPrint Recipe
- 1. 1 Package of Vegan marshmallows
- 2. One box of Rice Krispies
- 3. 3 tablespoons of vegan butter
1. Melt butter over medium heat.
2. Melt marshmallows until you make a paste.
3. Remove from heat and add the rice krispies. I ended up using about 3/4 of the box.
4. Add to pan and cut into squares.