Hope your day is going great wherever you are reading this. This week, I made vegan smoothie bowl with chia seeds. On Instagram, I see these smoothie bowls everywhere. I kept thinking, that has to be nasty, and why would I want to eat that. I always say vegan does not mean I have to punish myself. I am not the type to eat fresh fruit. I normally juice it or put it in a smoothie. So come to find out, I was totally wrong. Smoothie bowls are awesome, and a great way to use your produce before it spoils.
Vegan Smoothie Bowl W/ Chia Seeds
This time I improvised when it came to making this smoothie. I did the normal smoothie base with a banana, but I added some greens, in this case, some bok choy, because I needed to get rid of it. My advice would be for you to also loosely follow this recipe and “freestyle” with fruits and veggies that you like. Do not skimp on the chia seeds, however. Chia seeds are good for you. According to healthline.com, chia seeds:
- Deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories
- Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants
- Loaded with fiber
- high in quality protein
- May improve certain blood markers, which should lower the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes
Vegan Smoothie Bowl w/ Chia SeedsPrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- a half bunch of greens of your choice
- 1 banana
- a bunch of strawberries or fruit of your choice
1. Make the smoothie bowl base in blender ( half banana, greens, orange and almond juices)
2. Pour into bowl and chop fruit and mix chia seeds on top.