I hope your weekend is going well! I wanted to share this recipe for vegan spring rolls that I made recently. This recipe is super easy and fun to make. I fried this batch, but you can also bake them so that you can avoid the extra oil needed to fry them up. I loved the recipe because it was super fast and yummy, plus a great way to get veggies into my body.
Vegan Spring Rolls
I am starting to incorporate all types of vegan food from many different areas of the world. I find that many countries in Asia have great vegan recipes to try and that are healthy.
Again, you can also bake these in the oven so you can bypass all the frying oils. I actually made these a few times once from baking and then from frying, and I have to say I prefer them fried so that they weren’t mushy the next day. I tend to keep food around.
Try this recipe, I am still learning how to julienne things, I am super scared of cutting myself, but I managed to make it work. Let me know how this recipe worked for you here on my Instagram!
Vegan Spring RollsPrint Recipe
- Spring roll sheets - 12
- Sesame oil - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 1 Tbsp (finely Chopped) [AdSense-A]
- Ginger - 1 Tbsp (finely Chopped)
- Spring onion - 4 (finely Chopped with White, Green parts separated)
- Carrot - 1 large (julienned)
- Green beans - 5 (cut diagonally)
- Red bell pepper - 1/2 (julienned)
- Cabbage - 2 Cups (julienned)
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Soya sauce - 2 tsp
- Ground black pepper - 2 tsp (adjust as per your taste preference)
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Oil - for frying
- All purpose flour - 1 Tbsp
1. I purchased sheets that were ready to go, so no need to thaw them.
2. Chop all the veggies, then set aside. Heat wok with sesame oil then add ginger and garlic. Saute for 30 seconds. Add white part of the spring onion and saute for another 30 seconds or so.
3. Add all veggies and then sugar and soya sauce and saute for a couple of minutes until the mixture dries out.
4. Transfer over to baking sheet and let the mixture drain the extra liquid
5. Place the sheet on flat surface and roll in the veggies.
6. In a separate bowl combine flour and water in order to seal the rolls. Make sure there are no gaps.
7. Heat frying pan with oil and fry until golden brown.