This will be a short post, but I just wanted to share a quick recipe for vegan vanilla cupcakes. I found this recipe via the Food Network. It was actually rather easy. I cannot bake to save my life, but they came out quite nice!
Vegan Vanilla CupcakesPrint Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (refrigerated, not shelf stable)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use muffin tin and liners ( you can use cooking spray, I did not)
2. In a bowl mix together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
3. In a different bowl mix together the wet ingredients (almond milk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla) in another medium bowl.
4. Add wet and dry ingredients together until well mixed. Put the batter in the muffin tin liners.
5. Bake the cupcakes until they are golden brown (put a toothpick in that comes out clean). (20- 22mins)
6. Let the cupcakes cool.
For the frosting:
1. Mix margarine and sugar until smooth. Add almond milk and vanilla and mix again until smooth.